In this week’s episode, I’m joined by therapist and childhood friend Lily Thrope!
Lily Thrope, LCSW specializes in supporting individuals who experience anxiety, disordered eating, low self-esteem, relationship stress, and LGBTQIA-related issues. Through her work, Lily helps her clients find the confidence to face these issues and find ways to live their happiest and most authentic lives.
In this intimate convo, we talk about…
- Why people with T1D might have a predisposition to struggle with disordered eating
- What the term “Food Freedom” means for diabetics
- How we worked through our personal disordered eating journeys to foster a healthy relationship with our bodies, find balance with food, and discover self-love.
Our annual community event is BACK!
Together T1D: Celebrating life with Type One Diabetes 🎉
Who: All T1Ds, parents, families, friends, medical professionals
When: November 3rd, 2022 7-8:30PM EST
Where: Anywhere + everywhere! This event is virtual.
What: A community celebration featuring:
- Community connection & celebration
- Empowerment & transformation
- Inspiration for building YOUR legacy with T1D
- An all-star guest panel (including Bambi Northwood-Blythe, Norma Sue Kenyon, PhD.)
- Introspective activities & resources
- Epic giveaways
- And more!
Together T1D is FREE, but you need to register to attend, so save your spot HERE.
Hit the subscribe button and rate and review to help this podcast rise!
Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.