Today, we have one of the OG online diabetes content creators, Ginger Viera on the show!
Ginger has lived with T1D since the age of 13 and also lives with celiac disease, fibromyalgia, and hypothyroidism. She began sharing her journey with type one diabetes in 2010 through YouTube, Twitter, and freelance writing. She's written about a range of topics over the years, including pregnancy, emotional eating, and diabetes burnout. She was also a former competitive powerlifter and is the author of six books for people living with diabetes.
In this episode we discuss…
- Ginger’s personal experiences with doctors and diabetes
- What she tells parents of newly diagnosed kids when they are stressed about their child's A1C or high numbers
- What a high and low blood sugar feels like for her
- How she sees the new books that she's created for kids making their way into bedrooms and classrooms across the country
We are partnering with Ginger to give her two new children’s picture books, “Ain't Gonna Hide My T1D” and “When I Go Low” to three lucky winners!
To enter the giveaway:
- Go to the homepage of the Reclaim Your Rise podcast, whether it's on Apple or Spotify, and rate it.
- Go to my Instagram page @lauren_bongiorno, comment and like today's Instagram post where I am highlighting Ginger's books!
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
Get tips for parents of T1D kids in this free download HERE.
Check out our diabetes essential Cornerstone Class series HERE.
Join the Risely T1D community in our free Facebook group HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.