This week I’m diving into the topic of diet and improving your relationship with food as a type one. I’ll be sharing the five foundational components of my T1D nutrition philosophy and getting a bit personal with my diet, background, and where I've been with my relationship with food.
Navigating food with T1D can be overwhelming, so if you…
- Are confused by the extreme ways of eating being pushed within the community
- Want to eat what you like without your blood sugars suffering
- Wish you could get to a place where food doesn’t take up as much of your mental energy
… then you’re going to want to listen to this episode because I’m sharing:
- The journey I went on to get to where I am today with my relationship to food
- The 5 key components of the system I’ve created that works for my body
- *how* you can get to this middle ground and have more peace of mind and steady blood sugars.
I do want to give a trigger warning that I do talk about dieting and tracking macros. So please skip this if you are not in a good place to explore these topics.
On May 14th we are hosting a Risely Community Challenge that anyone who has our 7 Day Nutrition and Blood Sugar Guide can be part of. We’ll all be following the Guide together to focus on specific habits and strategies to optimize post-meal numbers, learn our specific body’s patterns with different foods, and slow down, turn inwards, and center ourselves into the wisdom that already exists within each of our bodies.
The Guide includes over 50 recipes with all carb, fat, and protein counts listed out. You’ll get daily emails that outline the focus of the day to provide accountability and motivation.
Grab the Guide HERE! (already have it? You will automatically be included in the 7 day challenge :))
Hit the subscribe button and rate and review to help this podcast rise!
Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim our Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before changing your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.