With us today is Carli 3.0! She’s confident, empowered, and trusting of her body.
Carli is from Canada, was diagnosed 20 years ago when she was seven years old and is a manager at a daycare where she works with kids. I first met Carly back in August 2022 when she applied for one-on-one coaching at Risely with an 8.7 A1C after she had gotten it down already on her own from a 12.0 in 2019.
We dive into each phase of Carli’s journey with T1D along with…
- How it’s not the technology that has made her successful, it’s the process of listening and accepting her body’s signals
- Lying about blood sugar numbers as a child
- Trying to “fit in” when adults are singling you out
- The hospital wake-up call showing 25 (450 blood sugars)
- Going from avoiding her numbers to obsessing, until finally reaching the point of asking her family for help
- How she found Reclaim Your Rise and her empowering first call.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Thank you to the Reclaim Your Rise podcast sponsor, the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation. Stay up to date on all the DRIF news by becoming a DRI Insider here. New DRIF Newsletter subscribers will receive an exclusive FREE resource from Risely Health!
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.