With us today is Carli 3.0! She’s confident, empowered, and trusting of her body.
Carli is from Canada, was diagnosed 20 years ago when she was seven years old and is a manager at a daycare where she works with kids. I first met Carly back in August 2022 when she applied for one-on-one coaching at Risely with an 8.7 A1C after she had gotten it down already on her own from a 12.0 in 2019.
We dive into each phase of Carli’s journey with T1D along with…
- How it’s not the technology that has made her successful, it’s the process of listening and accepting her body’s signals
- Lying about blood sugar numbers as a child
- Trying to “fit in” when adults are singling you out
- The hospital wake-up call showing 25 (450 blood sugars)
- Going from avoiding her numbers to obsessing, until finally reaching the point of asking her family for help
- How she found Reclaim Your Rise and her empowering first call.
Hit the subscribe button and rate and review to help this podcast rise!
Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Thank you to the Reclaim Your Rise podcast sponsor, the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation. Stay up to date on all the DRIF news by becoming a DRI Insider here. New DRIF Newsletter subscribers will receive an exclusive FREE resource from Risely Health!
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
Get support with your mindset around T1D HERE
Learn more about our 1:1 coaching programs HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.