Today, we are chatting with our guest DCB graduate Amy Balch.
Amy lives in Minnesota with her husband, Jake. She is a senior visual designer at a software development company and runs a food blog called The Delectable Diabetic. Amy was diagnosed with T1D eight years ago when she was 22 years old.
In this episode, Amy shares a very personal story about how after going to the doctor for a UTI, she was misdiagnosed as a type two diabetic. She went three years before receiving the correct diagnosis.
We talk about...
- How at the peak of her life in 2021 with a new job, a beautiful home, and a great relationship she was in the darkest part of her diabetes burnout
- How she became more confident in her management than ever before
- How she gained the courage to switch over from MDI to an insulin pump
- How plant-based eating helped her find the joy of cooking again
- How she lowered her A1C from 7.1 to a 6.3
There are 3 weeks left to enroll in our Spring 2023 Decide and Conquer Group Coaching Program. If you are curious about the transformation Amy talks about in this episode, learn more about the DCB and apply HERE.
Hit the subscribe button and rate and review to help this podcast rise!
Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
For T1D nutrition strategies and 7 day meal plan - HERE
Get more T1D tips HERE.
Access our Cornerstone Classes HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.