My guest today was welcomed into her thirties by being told she had T1D. Join me for a fun conversation with Risely graduate, Haley Diamond as she shares her diagnosis, her three step approach to getting help, finding support and knowledge in unexpected places, and how she boldly shared her diabetes in the corporate space. You’ll even catch Haley and I singing to a Miley Cyrus song, so please enjoy this encouraging, uplifting episode.
- (07:11) Experimenting with insulin while doing HIIT workouts and reclaiming her rise
- (09:37) Getting diagnosed at 30, information overload, and isolation after diagnosis
- (11:30) Approaching her diabetes as a “Junior Project Manager” and falling into the online rabbit hole of fixes
- (14:29) Her 3 steps for being vulnerable and asking for help
- (19:05) On finding consistent knowledge and depth of community
- (21:26) Finding joy again in food & exercise
- (22:54) Miley Cyrus song inspo & your numbers as feedback versus a grade
- (25:50) Vets learning from the rookies and rookies learning from the vets
- (27:40) Having support from those in the non-diabetic community too
- (30:52) Her diagnosis story and how unrelated pain got her diagnosed
- (37:15) The road to learning insulin
- (41:25) Reflecting back on her journey, where she’s at now, & little joys
- (44:13) Her boldness in sharing on LinkedIn
What to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- Learn more and apply for the January 2024 Decide and Conquer Bootcamp HERE.
- Link to sign up for Diabetes Research Institute newsletter - HERE
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.