I cannot wait for you to listen to today’s episode with Risely Coaching Graduate Jesse Hoyt! Jesse was misdiagnosed with type two diabetes eleven years ago at the age of 26. He has always led a busy life traveling and hiking throughout North America, South America, and Europe. Jesse’s wife introduced him to Risely after a particularly high blood sugar night and recommended that he seek help. This led Jesse to embark on a new adventure: a holistic diabetes transformation that helped him realize that he doesn’t have to be perfect and that he can ask for help.
- (06:22) Jesse’s experience with an initial misdiagnosis as type two
- (11:20) The practical things that you have to think about when embarking on a multi-day hike as a T1D
- (28:26) His relationship with asking for help as a male Latino
- (31:40) Jesse’s journey lowering his A1C from 7.8 A1C to a 7.0 in three months and increasing TIR from 58% to over 70% consistently
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- Join us for our annual virtual National Diabetes Awareness Month event: Rising Above T1D. This is a live event for reclaiming your life with T1D that will bring thousands of people together from this global community. You don’t want to miss it. Register for FREE here.
- See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.