If you're a parent of a child with diabetes, especially if they're recently diagnosed, you are going to get a lot out of this episode! Erin Hayden-Baldauf has a Ph.D. in Literacy Education and is a busy mom to four children. Her youngest was diagnosed with type one 10 years ago at just 15 months old. After her son's diagnosis, Erin merged her passions for writing, being a mother, and her mission to help parents advocate for themselves and their children by authoring multiple books about diabetes.
- (03:26) The challenges of breastfeeding a child with type one
- (13:00) How a parent’s journey is separate from their child’s
- (14:05) The importance of giving yourself grace when you make a diabetes dosing mistake
- (25:49)The debate of whether to wake your kid up or not when they are sleeping and have a high or a low
- (31:22) The ins and outs of sending your child to diabetes camp for the first time
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
- Learn more about Risely’s T1D parent coaching programs HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.