On November 1st, 2000, 22 years ago today, I was diagnosed with type one diabetes. To help me reflect and celebrate my diaversary, I’ve brought on a very special guest, my dad, Peter Bongiorno.
I’m really excited for you all to meet my dad because we're extremely close and I admire him for so many reasons. (I think you’ll see why when you listen to his episode…)
My dad is a personal injury and criminal defense attorney by career, as well as a motivational speaker, actor, writer, and director.
In this conversation, we talk about…
- What my family experienced after my T1D diagnosis
- The different role he played in my life with diabetes vs. the role my mom played
- How he shaped my mindset with not only diabetes, but life in general
- Things he wishes he would have said if he could go back in time
- … and so much more!
Our annual community event is BACK THIS THURSDAY!
Together T1D: Celebrating life with Type One Diabetes 🎉
Who: All T1Ds, parents, families, friends, medical professionals
When: November 3rd, 2022 7-8:30PM EST
Where: Anywhere + everywhere! This event is virtual.
What: A community celebration featuring:
- Community connection & celebration
- Empowerment & transformation
- Inspiration for building YOUR legacy with T1D
- An all-star guest panel (including Bambi Northwood-Blythe, Norma Sue Kenyon, PhD.)
- Introspective activities & resources
- Epic giveaways
- And more!
Together T1D is FREE, but you need to register to attend, so save your spot HERE.
Hit the subscribe button and rate and review to help this podcast rise!
Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
Get support with your mindset around T1D HERE
Learn more about our 1:1 coaching programs HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.