Meet my mom, Michele! My mom and I sat down for the first time to honestly discuss my diagnosis and her experience as my mother. From the moment she first learned of the diagnosis, to my first sleepover and letting go of control, she opens up about her perspective and approach. This one’s a mother-daughter tear jerker and you don’t want to miss it.
- (05:30) Talking vulnerably about diabetes with family
- (12:19) The moment Michele learned of Lauren’s diagnosis & a learning curve
- (17:10) On how instinct informed her mindset & approach
- (18:27) How Lauren’s diagnosis impacted the family
- (19:16) Leaving Lauren with a babysitter for the first time & letting go of control
- (23:18) Lauren’s first sleepover
- (25:37) Lauren’s visit to Italy in high school & Michele’s thoughts on holding her back
- (36:15) The family’s relationship to diabetes research and finding a cure
- (45: 30) Doing your best as a parent & owning your “different”
- (49:26) Did she foresee Lauren’s career?
- (53:57) “Thank you for keeping me alive”
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- Join us for our annual virtual National Diabetes Awareness Month event: Rising Above T1D. This is a live event for reclaiming your life with T1D that will bring thousands of people together from this global community. You don’t want to miss it. Register for FREE here.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.