Welcome back to the podcast! Today we have a fun storytime episode about the 10k that I ran two days ago as a non-runner. Let’s just say it was a very eventful day, and there's a lot to debrief on! Whether or not you have type one diabetes, this is a great episode to listen to if you're prepping for a race, trying to get into running or simply just trying to exercise more.
- (08:17) Why I almost backed out of the race
- (12:48) How I approached managing my blood sugars that led me to stay at 100% time-in-range
- (16:22) What made me surprisingly emotional while running
- (19:02) How I managed when my CGM disconnected during the race
- (20:33) The three main takeaways that I learned as a self-proclaimed “non-runner”
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
- Register for our FREE A1C masterclass HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.